Monday, January 30, 2012

Hooray for Hollywood!

Hollywood shines this time of year with the numerous award events recognizing the movies, and those involved in the filming process, for their outstanding results. Last night’s Screen Actor’s Guild Awards brought a season of fun for me over the past few weeks as well. Because Europe is not always in sync with the US in regards to movie releases and shows found on television, I have rarely submitted my vote for the SAG awards for several years. However, my recent time in LA has allowed me the chance to not only screen the movies up for awards but to also join in Q&A sessions with many of the actors and directors of these films including “My Week With Marilyn” and “The Artist”. My biggest highlight, though, came from meeting 4 of the leading ladies starring in “The Help”. The movie truly moved my heart, and I found myself in awe of the talent these women possess. Listening to them share their experiences while filming and the way the film impacted each of them personally, as well as their graciousness to have pictures made, left me appreciating the experience even more. As a member of SAG, I proudly cast my ballot this year and found myself as caught up in the excitement as the other actors in this town! Hooray for Hollywood!

My friend, Cheryl, and I with Octavia Spencer (Minny)

Cheryl & I with Jessica Chastain (Celia)

Cheryl & I with Emma Stone (Skeeter)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very photogenic says BB and SS

Anonymous said...

Such a fun sounding time!!!!! Makes me wish I had been there, especially for "The Help" Q and A.