Monday, March 19, 2012

All Aboard for the London Express

How could I ever pass on a trip to London, especially as it is a city I absolutely adore? When Ken asked if I would like to train to London and meet up with him for the weekend after his work conference, I gladly purchased my ticket. In fact, I arrived a day early in order to spend an afternoon with a sweet friend and to get a haircut by my favorite stylist. Once Ken and I met up, we went non-stop trying to take in as many familiar sites as possible. We managed to buy tickets for 2 completely different West End shows. On Friday night, we sat in awe watching Tyne Daly command the stage in “Master Class”, and Saturday, we hummed along to Gershwin standards in “Crazy For You”. We had brunch with some of our dear friends who recently moved to London and then joined other friends for a celebration toast on their wedding anniversary. We wandered through the endless sales floors of Harrods, played our way through Hamley’s toy store where we found the royal family built from Legos, and took a 2 hour guided walk around the Victorian masterpiece of St. Pancras train station as well as King's Cross Station with Platform 9 3/4 from the Harry Potter series. My heart felt a twinge of sadness as the Eurostar left to return us to Brussels after having such a memorable time in such a fabulous city. Guess I will just have to look forward to the next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice place, nice people! Why don't we live there? :-)

Anonymous said...

I would love to be on the LOndon Express......such a fun looking trip.