Spring finally made its entrance to this part of the world. The past week was filled with blue skies and blossoming flowers. With temperatures in the mid 60’s most of the week, people poured outdoors to sidewalk cafes for afternoon drinks with friends. Since Brussels rains much of the winter, these moments of clear skies and pleasant temperatures are cherished.

I couldn’t help but get caught up in the joy of sunshine. I spent about 2 hours one afternoon walking with a friend through the nearby Bois de la Cambre. This huge public park sits on the edge of la foret de Soignes which is about 9900 acres of forest. I loved watching roller-bladers skate by or seeing a couple stretched out on the grass reading. Needless to say, my friend and I truly enjoyed our scenic catch-up time.

Ken and I sat yesterday afternoon in our sunroom taking in the lovely view that this room offers. One entire wall as well as the whole ceiling is made of glass, and it overlooks the charming neighborhood courtyards. We opened one of the windows and allowed the cool breeze to flow through the room. A large tree growing near the windows has recently started budding; reminding us of the beauty and life that comes with spring. Oh, the simple pleasures…aren’t they wonderful!
1 comment:
fun! i love seeing your house! and pansies were my mama's (and now mine!) favorite flowers! glad you have comments on here now!
love you!
Post a Comment