Monday, June 1, 2009

Little Brussels Sprout

Our pastor and his wife are expecting their first child in about a month. So, when Cat asked me if I would take some pictures of the two of them, I felt incredibly honored. However, since most of the photos I sell are of architecture and nature, I also felt a bit apprehensive as I didn’t want to disappoint the parents-to-be. I walked around town looking for the ideal location, spent some time on the internet collecting ideas of poses, and prayed for a non-rainy day (those don’t come that often in Brussels). Since Ken and I were in Brussels this past weekend, we decided to give Saturday a try, and fortunately, except for a little wind, the weather cooperated fabulously. We met up at the Abbaye de la Cambre which has flower and tree filled gardens surrounding the medieval church and abbey. Ken, Scott, Cat and I had so much fun during the shoot laughing at silly poses or thinking sweetly upon what they lovingly refer to as their “little Brussels sprout”. Thankfully, the pictures are stunning, although I have to give Scott and Cat much of the credit as they photographed beautifully in every shot. Here are a few pictures from the day.



No comments: