Welcome to Schultzberg! Home to the American adventures across the globe. We hope you enjoy sharing in our stories.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Royal Birthday Treatment
I can’t think of a better place to celebrate my birthday than my favorite city, and since Ken had to work from London last week, I got that chance. As always, we enjoyed evenings at the theater including watching Danny DeVito and Richard Griffiths in Neil Simon's smartly written play, “The Sunshine Boys”. We also scored tickets to Warner Brothers studio tour of Harry Potter which displayed sets, props, costumes, and behind the scenes insights of the magical movie series.
On my birthday, Ken met me at the best place in town for afternoon teatime, and they once again made us feel pampered with the unlimited finger sandwiches, scones, and treats (with special care to make mine sugar free).
While walking around town one morning, I happened upon a parade of horses, guards, and carriages on their way to the opening of Parliament. Somehow I managed a great spot to see Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip riding in the royal coach despite only arriving 5 minutes before the procession started.
The weekend found us meeting up with friends, gazing at the crown jewels (for the umpteenth time), and munching on greasy fish & chips. The icing on the cake to all of the week’s festivities came from the cards, notes and emails that poured in from friends spread across the globe reminding me how truly blessed I am to have so many treasured people in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW!!!! What a marvelous way to celebrate your birthday!!! Make me want to celebrate a special way.
Post a Comment