Thursday, April 11, 2013

Remodel - Round 2

The pounding, hammering, crashes and thuds have commenced as round 2 of our home remodel started this week.  This series of work includes kitchen and bathroom sinks & countertops, bathroom tile floors, a master bath shower room, and additional kitchen cabinetry to match the existing ones.  Although not nearly as dramatic, lengthy, or painful as the complete overhaul on our house in Erie, the shaking walls, constant noise, dusty surfaces and parade of workers has definitely brought back suppressed traumatic memories of those days…and reminded me why I swore I wouldn’t do it another time.  Yet here we are again walking on plastic covered floors, eating take out in the bedroom, and washing our dishes in the bathtub.  I actually have a calendar in my mind that ticks off the days (truthfully, more like hours, but who's counting…oh yes, that would be me) until completion, knowing that the finished outcome will make the racket and mess worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good!! It just takes a little time!!!

Anonymous said...

All must look worse before it looks better.