London and Los Angeles…both begin with the letter L, both
are large, both are cosmopolitan, and both saw a Schultz making memories with
friends this week. Ken spent the week in
London for a business conference and work while I stayed in LA to continue house
renovations. However, one of the most ironic
parts of this story deals with British friends of ours who are currently touring
parts of the US. Right about the time I
picked them up to begin our tour of Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica,
Ken was boarding a plane to fly to London.
Our friends laughed that Ken didn’t have to travel quite so far just to
avoid seeing them, while Ken joked with them that he misunderstood and thought
we were meeting on their home turf.
Although we missed Ken joining in our fun, Jan, Ian and I thoroughly
enjoyed our time together as we reminisced and caught up on each other’s lives.
On the other side of the pond in England, Ken got to meet up
with our dear friends, Rahul, Radhika, and their son Rohan. As I have always cherished Radhika and her
friendship, I felt a twinge of jealousy of Ken’s time with her and her 2
guys. The four of them had such a great
time, though, with Rohan and Ken Uncle teasing and playing their typical games
together. Radhika sent me several pictures
and joked that since I couldn’t be with them, she would plan a month long trip
to see me…I told her to count me in for that idea. Besides his work time and meeting with
several clients and business associates, Ken managed to fit in a bit of entertainment
including a West End show, a London walking tour, the V&A Museum, and a
taste of liquid nitrogen ice cream (hope he comes back normal after that concoction).
Continuing the birthday festivities a little longer, my
friend, Patrick, suggested that I ride the coat tails of his birthday
get-together. As his birthday is next
week, and mine was last week, this seemed a perfect blend. So, several friends met up at one of my
favorite LA spots where Patrick sings regularly taking on the songs and sounds
of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Not
only did he give a birthday shout out to me, but he and the band sang happy
birthday as well. The group stayed until
well after 1am, something I haven’t done in quite some time, but the
celebratory atmosphere made the late night worthwhile.
So although we had to spend the week apart, the experiences with our friends whom we both adore spread across the vast
expanse to join us together through stories and tales shared. And the memories we each made helped ease the
hardship of time in two different cities.



4 comments:
i have had liquid nirgen ice cream
Oh wow, Hunter! Did you like it?
Such wonderful experiences and memories!!!! What fun!!
I like how no matter where we go, we're sure to find friends.
Great weekend kiddo!!
Post a Comment