Friday, June 7, 2013

Now We're Cookin'...and Cleanin'

Good things come to those who wait, and despite feeling impatient at times, I have finally begun to see a light at the end of the tunnel and good things coming together with our home.  Although we still have a ways to go on a couple of the rooms along with finishing touches in others, the major jobs, like floors, countertops, & cabinetry, are all finished.  Besides changing out the countertops, the kitchen has added work and storage space which has already proven its worth as I constantly prepare something on the additional countertops.  One of the most drastic changes came in our master bathroom.  I cringed at using the old shower as it felt cold and grimy.  After a complete change of tile and the addition of a shower door rather than a shower curtain along with a bench and recessed nooks, the space invites one to indulge in a long spa-like shower.  As the other projects wind down, I will post photos of those.  In the meantime, here are some pictures of the two above mentioned spaces in the before and after phases.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! I need to add that Heidi designed that bathroom - incredible eye! -Ken

Anonymous said...

Such a remarkable change in both rooms!!!!! Love the look in both!!!