Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lights, Camera, Action!

March proved to be a surprising and busy month.  The first Saturday of March found me with auditions back to back, thankfully at the same casting office, for 2 different short films.  Although I almost canceled them after a long and tiring week, I put my best foot forward and just had fun with both of them.  I’ve heard as well as experienced the idea that when you don’t care about landing the job, that’s when you usually do…and that’s exactly what happened.  In fact, I landed both of them which packed the following 2 weekends with filming.
The first film takes place over the course of a Christmas Eve as a separated couple discovers that they really don’t want a divorce after all.  Despite fitting 18 pages of dialogue into 2 days of filming, I had a blast working on this project.  Everyone within the cast & crew worked together to make this a giant collaboration of talents.  The storyline also included an on-screen kiss which happened to be a first for me, and thanks to a great group of people, proved much easier than I expected.
The other story allowed me the chance to play one character in two very different circumstances…as a flashback memory and as a ghost.  Centered around a man who has lost his wife and is considering dating again, he spends the movie coming to terms with letting go and moving on.  He thinks back on a memory of his wife when she was sick and dying.  Her ghost then visits him, encouraging him to find love again.  Although I have not seen the footage, the director of photography shared with me that the lighting used for the ghost scene gave an amazing angelic feel with a halo effect.
After a fun filled month like that, I can’t wait to see what April brings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

You are great! Like the film ideas