For most of us who don’t live with snow regularly, waking up to a freshly covered white ground sparkling in the morning light immediately puts a smile on our face. Even after living several years in an area of the U.S. where we didn’t see grass for 3 months straight, I still don’t tire of the beauty of a fresh snow. It gives a sense of newness like nothing else. I find this sight causes me to reflect on the Great Creator along with the splendor He brings through such simple and delightful ways. Such magnificence!
Welcome to Schultzberg! Home to the American adventures across the globe. We hope you enjoy sharing in our stories.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
First Snow
This week began with an unexpected snow waking the people of Brussels and London (Ken is in London right now) on Monday morning. In fact, parts of the London transportation system and airports actually shut down. Although the snow in Brussels melted by mid afternoon, more snow fell on top of the 6 inches that London had received over night. An Egyptian friend of ours who arrived to London on Sunday night informed us that he woke up Monday morning to his first snow ever. Like a little boy, he wandered the streets for several hours…partly because the tubes and buses were not running but also to enjoy this newness which he had only seen in pictures. I found myself delighting even more in the day’s weather by seeing the snowstorm through his eyes.

For most of us who don’t live with snow regularly, waking up to a freshly covered white ground sparkling in the morning light immediately puts a smile on our face. Even after living several years in an area of the U.S. where we didn’t see grass for 3 months straight, I still don’t tire of the beauty of a fresh snow. It gives a sense of newness like nothing else. I find this sight causes me to reflect on the Great Creator along with the splendor He brings through such simple and delightful ways. Such magnificence!
For most of us who don’t live with snow regularly, waking up to a freshly covered white ground sparkling in the morning light immediately puts a smile on our face. Even after living several years in an area of the U.S. where we didn’t see grass for 3 months straight, I still don’t tire of the beauty of a fresh snow. It gives a sense of newness like nothing else. I find this sight causes me to reflect on the Great Creator along with the splendor He brings through such simple and delightful ways. Such magnificence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment