Monday, April 6, 2009

Family Fun!

I can’t believe that I haven’t written a blog since February. Well, I guess I can considering our crazy schedules lately. Needless to say, I will try and make several entries in the next few weeks to catch you all up with our lives.

Because of Ken’s long hours and constant travel to his project’s various work sights, we decided that I should fly to the US to spend some time with my mom as well as stock up on some US goodies. Since sales were in full force while I was there, mom and I hit the stores on multiple days to fill our wish lists. When we weren’t walking our legs off in the mall, mom challenged me to several games on her new Wii game system she received for Christmas. We had a regular battle going in tennis and bowling. And who knew that mom could downhill ski so fast, especially since she has never tried on a pair of skis!


Another excitement during my time in the States came as a bit of a surprise. For various reasons, mom and I got to keep my niece Ainsley for several days and then later, my nephew Hayden for a week. At two years old, they are the youngest kiddos in our family, so I have spent the least amount of time with them. I thoroughly enjoyed really getting to know them and their unique personalities. I left with lots of fun photos and great kid sayings to add to our collection.


In between keeping the kids, mom and I popped over for a couple of days to see my Aunt Kay and Uncle Paul. That time was truly special for me as we laughed, played games, told stories and just enjoyed each other’s company. Mom, Kay and I stayed up one night way past our bedtimes, so we voted on a jammie day the next day. We didn’t have to get dressed, put on make-up or even go anywhere to have a great time, yet we still managed to have a blast together!

Before returning to Europe, Greg, Lyndee, Jeff, Kara and all of their kiddos came to mom’s for a few days. We continued our Wii tournament with everyone participating, including the kids; mom spoiled all of us as usual by cooking our favorite eats and treats; the kids kept me busy playing everything from school to charades; and we shared great conversations and time together. I left energized and recharged. I feel so very blessed to belong to this family whether mother, brothers, sister-in-laws, aunts, uncles, nieces or nephews. They all hold such a special place in my heart, and they sent me home with some wonderful memories! I posted some of the pictures on my photo album link. Feel free to take a look.

No comments: