
Experiencing the wildlife of Australia quickly became a thrill for me. The more I saw, the more I wanted to see. Our first interaction with some of these unique creatures came during our holiday at the Great Barrier Reef. This location allowed us to swim with a stunning sea turtle, cuddle a cute koala, and gaze on the fierce saltwater crocodile.

The adorable koala’s name was Kodi, and we actually got to hold and have our picture taken with him. Knowing how well Ken cuddles, I completely understood why Kodi could snuggle into Ken’s chest and feel right at home. Of course, this left us longing to take Kodi back to Brussels in our suitcase, but we weren’t sure what customs would think. Plus, investing in a lot of eucalyptus trees could get expensive.

As for the crocodile, I had no desire to pack him in my bag. Watching how they stealthily track their prey and then attack in a flash made us rethink going near any water sources in the Queensland area.

Our second adventure with Australia’s native animals took place near Sydney at a wildlife sanctuary which was a cross between an open concept zoo and a petting zoo with the animals roaming about a bit more freely. The zoo allowed us to enter the kangaroo enclosure where I got to pet a mama and her joey who kept digging in mama’s pouch. What he was looking for, though, and if he ever found it, I can’t say.

We also saw wallabies, dingoes, kookaburra, wallaroos (a kangaroo/wallaby mix), and of course our favorite, koalas. Although not quite as cute as Kodi, we still enjoyed petting the fury little creatures that remarkably resemble a loveable teddy bear.

Thankfully, despite my twin brother instilling a fear of finding the worlds most deadly snakes, spiders, sharks, and jellyfish, we managed to avoid seeing such dangerous creatures during our time in Australia, even while in the rugged Outback...with the exception of an occasional non-lethal spider here and there.
1 comment:
Great pics girl!!
Post a Comment