Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Here She Is, Miss America…

Certain people and memories stick with us for a lifetime, even when those events took place as a young child. For instance, one memory from my early childhood found me and my best friend, Mandy, riding on top of the back seat of my Uncle Doug’s MGB convertible through town, honking and waving as if we were Miss America. Mandy and I laughed reminiscing over this and other stories that seemed to bond us for life, despite the fact that my family moved away when I was in the second grade. Mandy and I both happened to be in Los Angeles on Monday and spent the day catching up as we walked along the beach and took in some of my favorite sites of the city. Although we had not seen each other in over 25 years, the time together felt as if we hang out regularly, and we are already looking forward to the next time together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Whenever I see an MGB I always think of 2 things: 1) my dad's burning down in the driveway, 2) my wife, as a kid, with her Miss America routine!