Since I’m a consultant and we have an upcoming presidential election, I’ll speak political consultant for this update. To help those not readily able to follow my spin, let the (T) for true and (F) for false guide you. For the past 2 months, I’ve worked in Dallas on a healthcare project (T). After living 6 years in Europe, coming home to Texas and seeing my family and friends everyday has a surreal feel. I’ve managed to make nephews’ football games and drama events (T) and still find time for my advanced Zumba classes (F).
After months of shoulder pain and problems even shaking hands at parties, I opted to have surgery in mid-August. Going through the process, I learned 3 truths in life:
1) We all see the lights of the OR if we live long enough (T)
2) Having an MD behind my name saved countless hours of insurance billing questions (T)
3) I could have done just as good a job using the bathroom mirror, a kitchen steak knife, and ObamaCare (F)
After surgery, 3 gorgeous ladies attended to my every need and I can offer strong recommendation for anyone facing a recovery that our family has the best ‘home’ nurses on the planet (T). They fed me pain pills like grapes (F) and manufactured more ice for my treatment than a small sized European country (T).
My nephews placed me on the injured reserve roster and have grave concerns about my game day abilities in December when we take the Gasaway family trip to Disney (T). But under the torture of a PT, who crushed on me during high school and still feels spurned to take it out on me, I’m making good progress (T).
So that’s a wrap for me. My 12 week project ended today in week 5 and I have no idea where I’ll work tomorrow (T). I would explain what being a McKinsey consultant means, but having failed to do so for 4 years with other family members, won’t attempt on this thread (T).
~Ken
1 comment:
great update, Ken!
When I explain you, it's 1)my college roomie's husband,
who is 2)an international businessman doctor. that seems to sum up my non-understanding of your job. (why do I talk of you to anybody, you ask? well, it always comes after, "You've visited Belgium? My sweet college roommate lives there!" "What's she doing there?" "Well, her husband....yada yada yada." :)
Post a Comment