Sunday, October 6, 2013

Making My Mark

Although a friend teased that he should call the abuse hotline after seeing the marks and bruises on my arms, he knew that I bore them proudly after a successful rehearsal for an upcoming independent film in which I was cast.  After only a few weeks of submissions, auditions, and callbacks, I landed my first role since moving back to LA.  The added thrill comes with the fact that my character is the lead of the movie.  Upon receiving the script after signing my contract, I realized very quickly that my character provides a journey of extreme emotions and intense moments.  Basically, I must tackle love & tenderness, devastation & heartache, and terror & fear head on in only a short amount of time.  While facing a killer, I must confront killing another myself.  After rehearsals filled with fierce fight scenes and despondent sobbing sections, I felt exhausted yet energized at the potential this film has in store.  Those involved with the film hope to enter it into film festivals and possibly even make it into a TV or web series.  So, I excitedly wear this week’s battle scars!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't me!!
-Ken

Anonymous said...

So sorry!!!! Hope they are better now!!!!!